Monday, June 9, 2008

I'm Old Now.

Today was Alex's first day of summer school (which he actually WANTED to sign up for). The city of St. Louis has provided the transportation, so I sent him off for his very first school bus ride. He was excited; I was a nervous wreck! And when the bus drops him off this afternoon, I'll still be at work, so he'll be walking the 2 blocks home, and letting himself inside. AGHH!!!!! He's a smart kid, and he clearly understands the rules, but as a mommy, I can't help but feel nervous. He'll be here by himself for an hour at the most, but just knowing that my baby is now a little boy who is semi-independent is weird. And it makes me feel very very old. :(

1 comment:

Jason said...

My baby sister is a "latch-key" kid now, too. It makes me feel so weird to think about her, home alone...

We are fucking ancient.